Eyewitness Travel SydneyBook - 2017
From the colonial history in the streets of the Rocks neighborhood, to Aboriginal art in the Art Gallery of New South Wales, a visit to the iconic Sydney Opera House, to climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge--this easy-to-use guide provides all the information you need. Just beyond Sydney, discover landscapes of outstanding beauty, such as the Royal National Park, the Blue Mountains, and the vineyards of the Hunter Valley. Plus there are suggestions for scenic walking and driving tours and for the best shops, markets, bars, and restaurants in Sydney.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Sydney .* Hotel and restaurant listings and recommendations.
* Detailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
* Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
* Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
* Free, color pull-out map (print edition) marked with sights, a selected site and street index, public transit map, practical information on getting around, and a distance chart for measuring walking distances.
* Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
* Area maps marked with sights and restaurants.
* Detailed city maps include street finder index for easy navigation.
* Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
* Suggested day-trips and itineraries to explore beyond the city.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Sydney truly shows you this city as no one else can.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.