Isle of LightBook - 2005
More than 160 colour photographs and an evocative text paint a luminous picture of this enthralling isle, with its unique blend of ancient animism and Hinduism. How Bali and its people came about is a story rooted as much in historical facts as it is in myths and legends.
This captivating book is comprised of six illuminating sections, each emphasising a different theme or focus-
1) Birth of Bali (history, geography, location)
2) The Urban Landscape (urban scenes of Bali)
3) Trouble in Paradise (Bombings and recovery)
4) Spa Culture (Spas and Resorts)
5) Life Amid the Rice Terraces (village life, rites of passage)
6) Mystical Bali (offerings, religious festivals)
7) All of Bali's a Stage (music and dance)
8) Art and Life Intertwined (arts, crafts and architecture).
A final section presents a selection of paintings by Bali artists.